Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer is Here

Hi There dear friends ...

I sure have missed you.
I have been a bit out of comission. My shoulder is still bothering me and now even more since I have a "frozen shoulder". It makes it very hard to do anything and typing is not a very pleasant thing as I have to type a lot at my work during the day. I have been trying to "visit" all of you as much as I can, but haven't been able to comment very much ... you know ... the typing thing again.

I have been enjoying the start of the summer and all that the sun brings to us.  

The flowers have just been gorgeous around us.






I also have been working on a few things, but really cannot show much of it until after this weekend. I have been working on graduation gifts and those are somewhat of a secret till this weekend when my daughter graduates from High School. 

They have had Prom ... Here is a picture of my beautiful Jewels ... my daughter and my handsome son...my two more precious gifts.


And then a picture of Mama and daughter ... Happy :)



Now it's preparing for graduation this weekend ...



Talking about that its hard to believe she is graduating and going to college. Life is going at such a fast speed I have a hard time believing all these is happening right in front of my eyes, but I am really enjoying every minute of it.

She has finished all her finals...she has practiced and we are all ready for it ...
and it will all happen this weekend.


 Although I have not had much time to knit and crochet as I said many of my projects are now hiding ... but ...

Amongst all "the things I cannot show you yet" I have been doing so many washcloths I can almost do them with my eyes closed ... ha, ha !!!
I think I have mentioned before that this is a pattern from Pearl Soho and I really, really love it. It is the "wedding washcloths".






























Before I go I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you my great friends who have donated to my HATS TO BRAZIL project. 
I have collected 95 hats and my luggage is completely full So although I had thought about bringing more hats I got just the perfect amount as I can only bring 1 luggage due to my shoulder injury and I got so many beautiful hats it will fill the hearts of so many mothers and keep so many babies warm. 

Thank you ,THANK YOU, Thank You. 
Look at this picture .... What a beautiful view ...
And it is all because of YOU and your loving heart :)


You generosity and love keep my heart warm and makes me feel so proud and grateful to be part of such a wonderful community and to have you as a friend. 


I will try to stay in contact while I'm in Brazil, but if I cannot post here find me on my IG feed. 
Until then stay cool and Happy Knitting and Crocheting!!!
  

15 comments:

  1. Oh Taci, I'm so sorry your shoulder is still hurting so much! I love the washcloths. I need to make more.
    Your kids are so nice looking. Like their Mama! Congratulations to your graduate!
    Taci I feel so bad that I didn't get the hats sent in to you in time.
    I will watch for your posts from Brazil!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your beautiful daughter, Taci! May God continue to bless her as she decides how to best follow the desires of her heart. The washcloths you made are really beautiful and should be treasured and used with pleasure by those who receive them as gifts. I'm glad that you are pleased with the hats and other items made for the babies in Brazil. I hope you and your family have a wonderful celebration this weekend, and that you have a fabulous time on your trip. I'm praying your health will improve rapidly and that you will all have a happy healthy time in Brazil. 💞🎓💫✈️ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* to your daughter and your whole family! I am wishing her the best of luck for her college future. Say - I have 4 more hats and 2 baby washcloths.. one of the girls in We Love Lucy II on Facebook sent me the 2 hats and baby washcloths. How can I get you these? Maybe we can set up another lunch before Gracie and I swim? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your beautiful daughter! My youngest son graduates next year and my oldest just finished his second year of college. Crazy! Days just fly by, that's for sure. I'm sorry that your shoulder is still bothering you but glad to see you are able to make washcloths. They are a quick, satisfying project and make lovely little gifts, though most of my friends probably have way too many now. Ha! I used to get major pain in my leg and my shoulder area from working and sitting at the computer at school. It's all I did, all day long. I'm so glad I am not returning. It was such a toxic environment anyways and I'm trying my best to get rid of negativity and drama in my life that is created by others. So lovely to see all the donations you received and to know that you got just what you are able to take along. Bless you and your family! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly blessed with such a beautiful family. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation, such a wonderful time in her life. Hope you are feeling better soon and have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Taci, you have such an exciting weekend in front of you. Congratulations to a beautiful young woman. If her heart is half as big as her Mom's, she will be a blessed woman indeed. I hope your shoulder makes a miraculous recovery before your trip. You have such a bounty of hats for the babies. How generous everyone was to give so much. Your washcloths are beautiful and will be appreciated by the people who receive them.
    Blessings always sweet Taci.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very big weekend for you Taci, I know because our graduation was a week ago. And this Sunday I fly over to the other coast of Florida for my son's college orientation. Where has the time gone? Your children are as beautiful as you are! A big congrats to your daughter and to you too! I am sending you positive energy for that shoulder to heal. Come to Florida, I will work on you!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! Praying for her as she goes forward to another season of life. Hope your shoulder gets better soon. No fun to travel with a bad shoulder. Lovely knitting projects to give. Take care and keep in touch. Not sure what an IG post is. Have a good trip and will hear from you when you get back! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Taci, it's nice to see you. Congratulations to your daughter! Your children are beautiful. I hope you're feeling better soon and that you have a good trip to Brazil. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! I am so glad that you received exactly the right amount of hats to take with you. That is so great! People are so kind and generous. I hope that your trip goes really well. xx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Congratulations to your daughter and your family :o)
    A frozen shoulder ... that's bad, I do hope the best for you.
    In all these years I've been living here in DK, it's the most coldests summer, hopefully summer comes soon.

    Have a nice summer and be careful about your shoulder.
    Greetings from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your daughter. Your children are beautiful. I meant to comment when you first posted but was so busy. I did knit 6 hats for you and was on verge of posting when I read your post that you had enough to take with you. I will pass them on to another charity I knit for. Hope you have a wonderful trip and that your shoulder recovers quickly. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hats all look well together. I hope you enjoy your trip to Brazil and I'm sure the hats will be much appreciated. Congratulations to your daughter - both she and your son are lovely. Time flies past so quickly. Love your washcloths too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are having a wonderful summer :-)

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)