Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hats, Hats, hats

Hi There Dear Friends
 
 It has been cold over here. We had a very cold blustery week last week and then so much ice I couldn't get out of the house to go to work. I brought some work home as the weather people had predicted the cold front, but I had a little bit of time to also knit and get started with Christmas gifts ... yay!!!
 
I did get my daughter's cowl finished. However, she loved it so much I could not get a hold of it to take a picture and show you yet ... soon...
 
But what I have really been very excited about it lately is ... hats ...
I don't know about you but sometimes I get obsessed with making so many cowls... so many gloves ...
and now It's hats ...
it seems to happen on the holidays to me ...
In general I prefer the variety and I make a lot of different things at the same time ... but the holidays I always find myself making the same thing over and over ... It might be easier since I have to make so many of them,
 
I found a lovely pattern on Pinterest (yes another obsession of mine) and you can see it here at www.shemakeshats.com . What a wonderful blog. She literally makes tons of hats and donates and gives most of them as gifts. She got me really inspired to start a project I have been thinking about doing for a very long time ... I am getting ready for it and will tell you all about it next week.
 
For now I have been knitting, knitting, knitting ... hats... hats ... hats... like a crazy woman.
 
It all started with this hat for myself ...
I have never liked any ... I mean ...I have made hundreds of hats and I have never found one pattern I like on myself ...
this one is a first .
 
I have make some adjustments .. I made it with a ribbed border ... and changed the length a little... but I love it so much I think I'm going to make a dark color one for myself after I finish all the Christmas gifts.
 

Not sure if you can see the hat very well ... it's kind of tricky to take a selfy with the camera by my "official photographer" was not home...
 
I'm having so much fun I just wish we had a few more hours in the day (who doesn't right ?) or my ultimate wish is that I had 8 hands and arms (like an octopus - God please I'm just joking really ...) ... but what I really need is to just enjoy this really fun and great feeling ... and continue my journey ...
 
 
 
 
My niece, my daughter, my son... everybody wants one  ... and the list goes on ... what is a girl to do ??? just go buy more yarn (darn :)) and keep knitting ...
 
 
 
and that is exactly what I did ... 
 
 
 
 
We are going to celebrate thanksgiving next week and I'm most incredibly thankful for so many blessings ...
 
And amongst all the blessings I have to count I have you my friends to be so very thankful for ...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!!
 
 
 
Another sunset picture from Gino ...
 
 
)
and our beautiful Mt. Hood seen from our window
 

And here is a picture of my charming photographer ...
 
Picture credit to Gino Simmons
( intagram simmonsgino

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful hats, hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those hats will be so appreciated by the lucky folks who receive them. I also go into mass-production for Christmas present-making, I just find it easier as otherwise I would sit and take so much time deciding what to make nothing would be done in time!

    Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy making your hats, I go through these phases too and have the urge to make a few but I must finish a couple of things off first before I get started. Hope you're having a great weekend. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taci, the hats are wonderful and you have photographed them beautifully. I have never crocheted one, but should give it a go. I could make hats and donate them to the street workers during winter time. I can't wait to hear about your project. Sending warm wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love handmade hats! They are all I wear. You'll have to try a beret sometime. I crochet a flat round to the size of a dinner plate, then a few non-increase rows, then decrease to the size of your head, then do a hat band of straight crochet for about 5 rows. I'm going to make a red one to go with my shawl. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ery nice to wera handmade hats !! yours are beautiful and seems to be warm.... Enjoy making them !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hats! I hope you have a good thanksgiving. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hats Taci. Look forward to hearing about that project you mentioned :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hats are so, so beautiful. They look like they'd be really soft, and I love the colours you work with. I just love it when you get so inspired about making something and you want to keep on doing it, that feels great. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taci, I just love visiting with you! Love your hats, I need to make one for a friend so I am going to check out this pattern.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look delicious. The one you're wearing is perfect--slouchy, but for grownups. I'm off to have a peek at the pattern now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The view out of your window is stunning! I am a tad bit jealous :P

    The hads look great- perhaps I should learn to knit better to make some of these...

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your hats, how nice that everyone wants one, lots more happy knitting for you.
    Your charming photographer is delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what's that; I thought I left already a comment about the great hats and sweet birds in your header. I'm getting old ;-). So now today a big compliment for both, the beautiful hats and the wonderful header picture with my beloved red cardinalbirds :D. *** Merry Christmas, dear Taci!! ***
    Hugs, Nata

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)