Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bend, Oregon & Dinner with the Girls

The week before last we went to Bend, OR for a small family vacation. We had so much fun the 4 of us and my daughter's best friend who is a daughter to us.

We starter the trip with a car game which we had not played in years - since we had at least 4 hours to drive ahead of us.... While we all played a guessing game I started my newest project ... This time something for myself ...
The Turnagain cowl is a patten I bought almost 2 years ago when we ( me and my knitting fiends) went on a "filed trip" to the yarn crawl around our city Portland, OR.
I just love this pattern and although it did take me 2 years to start I'm loving to make it and I think it will be one that I'm going to wear a lot ... It is not double knit but it resemble it because you knit a very tall cowl, fold it in half and graft the first row to the left... I will show you the final project when I'm done with it ... Promise :)
We went on nice walks, had nice yummy dinners, the kids and husband went floating the river ( while I had a couple of hours for myself to knit and crochet) and we had a blast together...
That is what life is all about for me ...
Great moments ... Great family times pet together.

After we came back I had dinner with my blog friends who are so dear to me ...Teresa, Gracie and Betsy. Betsy is here from Spokane and we had such a wonderful time. We did what we always do ... Again ... Had a great time together ... We toasted to our dearest friend Meredith and exchanged gifts ( another tradition I think we can't break).
Gracie and Betsy brought me a house warming gift and I couldn't wait till I got home to place them in a special place. I do love my friends and the time we spend together ... I'm so grateful for having met them and I have to say they are a blessing to me :)

This time we waited so long before we saw each other I really missed them. I hope we will see each other soon again.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend and that summer is just perfect for you.

Thanks so much for all your comments ... I'm so happy you stopped by to "see" me today :)





































10 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so kinds and heartfelt, Taci. I enjoy reading them. What a beautiful family! Looks like you really enjoy being together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such special times you have been having! Family times and times spent with dear friends really are the best things in life, I also have been blessed to do both recently.

    Have a lovely Sunday, Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun trip spent with family and friends. I love the photo of the sun setting over the water; so pretty. You have a beautiful family. Enjoy a terrific Sunday. Blessings to you. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation looks so wonderful, and your family is gorgeous added daughter and all. Thank you for toasting me at your lovely ladies dinner Taci, I sure wish I had been there hugging all of you.
    So I will send you a special hug right now.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you had a chance to getaway. And to meet up with such lovely ladies! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have family visits, I too have been blessed with visits from 2 of my daughters and their families. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Taci! I enjoyed seeing your vacation pictures after hearing what a wonderful time you had. Vacations with our families are so special-all the more as the children get older. I'm so glad we were able to get together and that you like the gifts. Hopefully I'll see you and your new home this week before I leave. Have a lovely Sunday!
    Blessings always my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Taci. It is wonderful that you had time together with your beautiful family and also of course your sweet blog friends. Always admire the gifts you share. I too am lucky to have had time with family and friends. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a fun vacation! :) Looks like you all had a fantastic time, and the yarn-y goodness is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Lovely when the *younger* ones enjoy you on vacation and their friends too. You all looks like to have a great time together :o)
    I really like the first picture and no. 10 ( with the yellow flowers ).

    Have a great weekend.
    Greetings from Denmark.



    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)