Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I'm Thankful

I have been thinking about it, but really have not had the time to stop, catch up and tell you all how thankful I'm for everything I have and all the great moments I had with my husband, my kids, my family and my friends during the Holidays.

I know most everyone is done talking about the holidays ... It all seems like it happened so long ago. But I didn't have time to express my gratitude...

For all the gifts received ...

Our simple and humble Christmas Tree this year ..

And all the friends who took the time to visit and spend time together...I'm eternally grateful and thankfull. Your friendship means so much to me and even though I don't have any pictures to share ( computer glitch - long story) I wanted to express how important you are in my life.

What I can share is ...

My husband looooooved the sleepers ( remember it ? )

And all the gifts got finished and giving to their rightfull owner :

This year I made soooo many scarves and cowls I even forgot to take pictures, But I have to say that it was fun ... and I think I was a good girl because Santa did not forget me either ...

 

And off we go with another year... 2014....

Both my kids already had birthday ...

My daughter is now a beautiful 17 years old... And I made these crochet collars for her ...

 

I found the pattern for the cream one on Ravelry it's called " Crochet Collar Pattern" by Lulu Loves and the grey one is my own pattern inspired by hers. I love them and I plan to make many, many more ....

And my son is now 16 ... I never pictured myself as a mother of 2 teenagers and I'm so happy God has giving me this great opportunity ... I feel double blessed and I'm grateful everyday.
Before I leave you today I will give you a sneak pick at my newest project and will tell you all about it on my next visit here ...

 

I'm grateful for your visits here, for your friendship, your kind words and support ... They make my day :)

Till next time ... Lots of xxx n oooo :)

 

 

16 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you, Taci! I love seeing the gifts you made...and some of those you received as well :) I have never tried to make a collar, but now want to someday because I admire what you have created. I am so glad we were able to get together several times over the holidays, and I look forward to our next time! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Taci. I'm sure your loved ones really appreciated all the effort and love that went into those hand made gifts.

    I know what you mean about being a mum to teenagers - 3 of my kids are teenagers, the eldest is 21 now - where do those years go?!

    Have a lovely week.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taci! I love your husbands slippers! I think my husband would love some of those too. And happy birthday to your kids! I don't picture myself the mother of kids in their 30's!!! But I have two in their 30's and our baby will be a quarter of a century old in a couple of weeks. HOW can this have happened???
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those collars. I have one that was my great grandmothers. I am going to have a closer look to see if I can wing one. They are so pretty!!
    I too made a lot of cowls and scarves and earwarmers for Christmas, that I am happy to report that I am on to hearts and other fun things. Can't wait to see what your pretty green yarn will be when it grows up!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year Taci spending your time with family and loved ones! I am too thankful for meeting you this past year and hope we can visit more often in 2014! Love the collar you made for your daughter. She is so lucky to have a wonderful mom!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your family had a good Christmas, Taci. Happy birthday to both of your children too! Are they only one year apart? You must have had your hands full, God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! and Happy Birthday to your daughter. Those collars are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Taci!!!! I love the pictures you posted. Your hubby's slippers look very comfortable and I adore those collars. They are gorgeous! Of course you were a good girl and you should be very spoiled. You're one of the very sweetest and thoughtful women that I know and I feel blessed to have you as my friend. It was good to see you over the holidays and I hope to be back soon. Maybe we can all have a knit night together!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Taci.. you're such an upbeat person.. you appreciate all you have.. and I know you're so excited about your new home being built. I can't wait to see it! I love the collars you made for your daughter! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Taci it is good to hear from you. So glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. We did as well with family and some very close friends. The gifts you made were lovely and so was the gift you received.
    Look forward to seeing more of your next project. Happy 2014. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling Taci, you are such a delight. I love what you have made and love your message even more. Glad you had a wonderful Holiday.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have three teenagers and I homeschool two of them. I feel so blessed too. God is good! Happy blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post Taci, I too can't believe I am a mother to two very grown up children, my son is now 27 (how did that happen?) and my daughter is 24 and she is a mother herself to my darling first grandchild who is just 3 months old. The circle of life keeps turning and I am very thankful for what I am blessed with.
    A new year and a new project for you, I look forward to seeing what your green yarn turns into. I am making a larger size of the baby sleeping bag for my grandson at the moment. My daughter requested it as she says it is one of the most useful garments for her very wriggly baby at night, it keeps him toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so happy for you that you had wonderful holiday-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Taciana...Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments...at last I have found you and your blog is so lovely! I'll be adding you to my blog roll (thank you for adding me too)...I love your crochet collars...so pretty! I have the Crochet Borders book too and it's a favourite of mine..x
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hi Taci,
    So many fine things you have crochet for Christmas. I really like the collar.
    I have a giweaway going on which includes 6 crochet angels, each ones at 2.4 inch.

    I'm sorry, I haven't recived your mail, my mail add. is : grl.dk.62(@)gmail.com
    The mail adr. is without the two ( )

    Have a nice new week.
    Greetings from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You crocheted so many nice things. I want to do slippers one day. Love those collars. So femine! Wishing you all the best for 2014. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)